The first trip of 2026, on a site that was hard to locate - it is only on campsites.co.uk
Saturday 24th
On the way I stopped at Pickering, which is a much steeper town than I remembered! Sadly the museum, castle, and train centre were all closed for the season. But I had a nice shopping trip - an inde bookshop, some locally made earrings, and a stonking sausage roll with black pudding.The church was open, so I went and had another look at the tremendous murals inside.
Arrived for the night at the small farm site with 6 hard-standings. Just EHU and disposals.
Sunday 25th
Woke late and took the lovely 10 minute walk to the village. Found an open public loo! I was so excited I had to use them...
Nosed around, including the church of course, then on the walk back I went to the Gavel and Bean coffee shop, which is attached to Ryedale auction house. Hanging on the wall was a mysterious guitar that no-one could tell me about, but later research by one of my Facebook pals revealed it to be the bass of Syd Little! He played it in the 1960s and it was also played backstage by Sir Paul McCartney.
![]() |
| Syd Little's bass guitar |
Sunday 26th



