Sunday 30 April 2023

May Day celebrations in Sherwood Forest

A return visit to the Milestones site, so I can get to Sherwood Forest the next day for the May Day celebrations. Paul and Sue were there, and Paul was dancing with the troupe, introduced by Friar Tuck (!). 


I had a quick tramp over to the Mighty Oak - the forest was much nicer than I remembered, and it was quite busy on the main paths. 

That night we were all at Milestones and after a visit to the brewery bar next door, I hosted dinner in my van, including my disastrous pudding - it was supposed to be tiramisu but..... I'd picked up rice pudding instead of custard, whiskey instead of brandy, and had no grater for the chocolate. And I'd chucked in some raspberries for some reason. But it did have sponge fingers. 

In the morning we took a short stroll round the site, and then headed home.