Sunday 29 November 2015

New arrival

Saturday was an expensive day! I went down to Stourbridge and collected my new van, seen below waiting in the wings. I felt a bit sentimental leaving my dear old van with them, but....


the new one drives like a dream! Sentiment rapidly disappeared - so much better to travel in.

All went well until the M1 - and then the back door flew open! So I pulled in and locked it. The weather really started to come down, but I got home before the worst. Then a knock on the door and a passer-by had come to tell me the door was open again! So I shut and locked it again - and now it won't open..... Grrrrr......

SMCF to the rescue again - sounds like a dodgy spring, loads of people have the same problem, and I shouldn't have pulled the key out without turning it back to the start position. Graphite spray recommended - after I can get it freed.

The weather was shocking all day so I haven't stood there fiddling with it, I decided a stuck locked door was better than a stuck open door in these conditions. It's back up at the farm now, but I haven't been able to load it up so that is a pain. I'll have to wait a week now to get it sorted.