Sunday 17 January 2016

Happy Days

I booked a site at 9am on Saturday and by lunchtime I was in Pickering,  parked up on a frosty farm site. The journey up Sutton Bank was easy,  but lots of snow at the top.  I'd called in the Beadnell Grange again for a bacon butty and to buy a nice steak for tea.

I walked into town and visited the church to see some beautiful murals.


Unfortunately the Beck Isle museum was closed for the winter so I did some shopping: thermal fingerless gloves,  an egg cup,  spare forks and batteries,  and a new top for £3. Not bad.

It was really cold overnight,  I was OK but needed the hot water bottle and several layers of clothing.  There was ice inside the windscreen in the morning!



On Sunday I went to Scarborough. The Rotunda museum was closed for Winter... I walked along the beach in the sun.


Amazingly there were surfers braving the cold.  Crazy people.
I caught the cliff tram up from the spa centre,  then walked across the esplanade bridge to a cafe for coffee and lemon pancakes.


What a great weekend!